Re: Topband: E51D and OHQP

To: davidg3una@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Topband: E51D and OHQP
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 07:09:22 -0500
Hello David,

On Fri, Aug 25, 2023, 5:16 AM <davidg3una@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike
>
> Not to put people off using topband with limited resources:

You have spoken well. It was not my intention to do that, but I realize it
could have been taken that way.

I have limited resources myself. As financially challenged as I have been,
I landed on 10 acres here in 2004 and made do without a tower or anything.
W8JI, whom I lived near 43 years ago, taught me much and lit the desire to
try and do well on 160 with little means.

my friend G4IUF (Honor Roll)  has a good collection of topband dx around 90
> confirmed contacts using a very low and very bent dipole averaging about 7
> m agl.  It takes patience, good ears, planning and practice, which are
> probably in short supply in these times of instant gratification.
>
> I admire your efforts and dedication but don't forget the little pistols
> rubbing along with the big guns.  We work with what we have.

As I said, no harm or ill will intended. Just trying to save some folks
from misinformation. :-)

David G3UNA