Re: Topband: Beverage Antennas on Sloping Ground

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Antennas on Sloping Ground
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 11:51:34 -0700
On 8/2/2023 11:11 AM, Chuck Dietz wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that Beverage wires sloping downward from the feed
point to the termination will work better than ones that slope upward?

My Beverages are over terrain that starts high, slopes down nearly 100 ft to a creek, then back up to the elevation where they started. They roughly follow that terrain, but one is about 15 ft high where it goes over the creek. They both work fine, only issue is noise from solar systems in neighbor homes.

73, Jim K9YC