Topband: Beverage Antennas on Sloping Ground

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage Antennas on Sloping Ground
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 13:11:28 -0500
Am I correct in assuming that Beverage wires sloping downward from the feed
point to the termination will work better than ones that slope upward? I
have two places I would like to put bidirectional Beverages, but they are
both on sloping ground. I’m wondering if it would be worth the effort to
make them bidirectional or should I just go with unidirectional ones toward
the downslope direction? Soil is good and the slope would be about 10’ or a
little less in the 500’ or so lengths. They will be about 10’ high so the
tractor will go under them. Quiet country local.

Thanks,

Chuck W5PR