Topband: Interference

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Interference
From: A J <iamfromcanadaalso@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 07:34:23 -0500

Well for the last week or so there has been broadcast on 1940.

It sounds like two station are there possibly more.

I have yet to localize it., it is being heard from the east coast Rhode Island, Maine, Pennsylvania, New York, Indiana  all over Ontario. The level of signal vary quite a bit and quality varies.

This morning I heard a frequency 1610khz  but I am not able to listen to the station since it's live stream is not working. There is a station in Toronto on this frequency but it does not play the same info/music.  This may not be the station with the issue it just being heard.

At one point I have heard a call of W? ? ?

Has anyone else heard this or possibly know what the mix might be or the offending station. The dialects change also if that helps.

Cheers AJ___ VE3HJ

--
Knowledge is Power and Power is Knowledge.___AJ___1967