Re: Topband: RFI tripping GFI breaker on 160m

To: "ab2e@hotmail.com" <ab2e@hotmail.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RFI tripping GFI breaker on 160m
From: "Jon Zaimes, AA1K via Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 11:47:42 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Darrell,
Had similar problem when installing a station in Rehoboth Beach, DE, a few
years ago. Client had an addition built for the ham shack and breaker box used
the arc-fault breakers now required.
We tried all kinds of toroid filtering in the shack but couldn't eliminate the
problem.
We did some research and a QST article mentioned the manufacturer had special
arc-fault breakers that were more RFI proof.
Client had his electrician come in but rather than replace with those he
reverted to older non-arc-fault breakers and that cured the RFI problem.

73/Jon
Jon P. Zaimes, AA1KTower climber for hireFelton,
Delawarehttp://www.aa1k.us/Cell: 302-632-2353 Reviews of AA1K tower work on
eham website: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922 Hug your favorite tower
every day, and always stay connected to it.