Re: Topband: The "new" Topband

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: The "new" Topband
From: jcraig@mun.ca
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 14:35:45 -0230 (NDT)
Please qsx 477.7 for a cw becon. I'd be happy to try for
a 2-way or crossband 160m with anyone who can hear it.

73
Joe VO1NA

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022, Radio KH6O wrote:

Colleagues,

Have any of you attempted to get on the 630 meter band?

As a US Coast Guard radioman in the 1970s, 500 kHz was the worldwide
maritime CW calling frequency; almost all night-time traffic occurred
on 600 meters. While stationed at Coast Guard Radio Honolulu (NMO),
I'd copy stations Pacific-wide -- from Alaska to Australia, from the
US west coast to Asia. Just incredible coverage sunset to sunrise.

(Daytime traffic shifted to the 6, 8, 12, 16, 22 and 26 MHz maritime bands.)

73,
Jeff KH6O

--
KH6O / B     28.2338 MHz
IARU coordinated worldwide 10 meter radio beacon