Re: Topband: Skirted vertical antennas for MF broadcast

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Skirted vertical antennas for MF broadcast
From: Frank W3LPL <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 12:20:17 -0400 (EDT)
Then there is this 825 foot VLF umbrella antenna installed in 1912
on Radio Road in Little Egg Harbor, NJ.  At the time it was the second
tallest structure in the world, second only to the Eiffel tower.

The tower was demolished in 1955, but the three massive 20 foot tall
concrete guy anchor blocks, the transmitter building and the chimney
were never been removed.

https://weirdnj.com/stories/tuckerton-tower-mystic-island-monoliths

https://goo.gl/maps/i2w3VY1a3uoYdZWj7

https://goo.gl/maps/asrhsdA7YLi8PLpG9