Re: Topband: Ukraine, Russia, and Ham Radio

To: William Hein <bill@sporadic-e.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ukraine, Russia, and Ham Radio
From: JHDMD <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 14:05:38 -0500
Bill,

I fully concur with what you say. It should be left out of the Top Band
reflector. However, I do
Know Russia quite well. I spent a couple of years there in the mid 1990’s at
the Medical University in St. Petersburg and learned the difficult language.

In the war after 911 I served as the US Army Theater Dental Surgeon in SW and
Central
Asia. I was in EZ (Turkmenistan). We used the
airport in Ashgabat for air operations.

The geopolitics are rather complicated and go back hundreds of years. The wars
will likely continue.

73,

John, W4NU
K4JAG, 1959 to 1998