Topband: Ukraine, Russia, and Ham Radio

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Ukraine, Russia, and Ham Radio
From: William Hein <bill@sporadic-e.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 11:51:48 -0700
Dear Ham Friends Everywhere,

I was the founder of the TopBand list back in the '90s and ran it for a few
years before passing the baton to W4ZV who then handed off to Tree (who's
done a wonderful job managing the list, bravo, Tree).

I endorse 100% Tree's policy of keeping politics off of the TopBand list. I
view ham radio as a sanctuary apart from politics, religion, and the other
things that can divide people and cultures. Let's treasure and protect the
bond we have with our fellow hams across borders with our love of amateur
radio.

I certainly have an opinion on the crisis in Ukraine as I'm sure most of us
also do. However, I have many forums to express those feelings, TopBand is
not one of them.

Bill