Re: Topband: TV coax + F-connectors

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: TV coax + F-connectors
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 12:53:13 -0600
I can testify that F connectors with RG-6 will handle the legal limit on at
least 160 and 80 without even getting warm.

This is true here with 2500 watts into a dummy load and CW contesting.

I waterproof mine by partially filling them with silicone dielectric
grease. Been doing that here for many years without a single problem.
Outdoors, I use waterproof F connectors.

If you use RG-6, the rough points on the center conductor should be filed
smooth with a small fine file. Otherwise, the contacts in the male
receptacle can be damaged.

And RG-6 has a power handling curve very similar to RG-213.

73 Mike
W0BTU