Topband: TV coax + F-connectors

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TV coax + F-connectors
From: Radio KH6O <radio.kh6o@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 07:46:12 -0800
Colleagues,

I was very happy to see the discussion regarding the use of television
feedline and F-connectors. I thought I was the only ham in the
universe using that combination. While it's true that the connectors
are not weather-resistance, a coating of black asphalt sealant* takes
care of that.

Reading the comments about possible lack of uniform impedance and
other short-comings, I remind myself that I'm an amateur, not a
professional. A few milliwatts loss doesn't concern me.

* For example:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Henry-Company-Asphalt-Emulsion-1-Gallon-Waterproofer-Roof-Sealant/50255565

73, Jeff KH6O