Re: Topband: 1/4 wave sloper..aka half sloper.

To: <jim.thom@telus.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1/4 wave sloper..aka half sloper.
From: "Steve" <ve7sl@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 15:38:31 -0800
Jim ... Since getting on topband I've only used a half-sloper hung from the top of my 48' Delhi tower. I'm presently at 163 DXCC, mostly CW. The base of the tower connects to ~60 buried radials of various lengths. You really need a ground system for this antenna to work properly but my early version worked well with just a half-dozen buried radials too.

Steve VE7SL

----Original Message----- Have any of you folks used, or tried a half sloper.... aka 1/4 wave
sloper ?   Loaded or otherwise ?   I'm talking about say terminated up
80-90'  up a tower.

I have used slopers on  75m  with reasonable success, but never  160m.

Radials, elevated or on ( or in) the ground isn't happening.  Wife put
the kabosh on that.

Jim   VE7RF

WEB - "The VE7SL Radio Notebook": http://qsl.net/ve7sl/

VE7SL BLOG - "Homebrewing and Operating Adventures From 2200m to Nanowaves": http://ve7sl.blogspot.ca/