Re: Topband: So2r and diversity receive

To: Ignacy Misztal <no9e@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: So2r and diversity receive
From: Michael Walker <va3mw@portcredit.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 17:32:42 -0500
For any 6000 series, you want to use SO2R not SO2V as it really isn't
configured for SO2V.

Yes, I use Diversity all the time on 80M and 160M as I have a DX
Engineering Active antenna mounted on the property and for some contests,
it has allowed me to hear things that I can't hear otherwise.  I kill the
power to the Active Whip while in TX which grounds the antenna to protect
it when I am at full power.

When you enable Diversity on a 6600, you get one receiver in one ear and
the other receiver/antenna in the other ear and then you TX on the transmit
antenna.   It is laid out in Section 27 of the FlexRadio SmartSDR manual on
how it works.

Don't confuse Diversity with SO2R operation.  In SO2R you need to configure
OTRSP on the Flex.  There is a Flex white paper on how to do that on the
web site.

The Diversity on the Flex is not noise subtraction that you can do on some
other receivers.

Mike va3mw