Topband: CQ WW CW

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CQ WW CW
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 23:54:54 -0000
Well 160m DX conditions were pretty good all week, so I was looking forward
to working lots of NA stations in the contest.

However, we had a HUGE storm here in the north of England - 100mph winds
(worse I have ever known).  So I came on at 0000Z, and checked the VSWR on
my 160m antenna . . . surprised that it was still up!

I started at the bottom of the band, and worked 1 NA station (came back
first call) . . . went a bit higher and called the next NA station I heard
and . . . heard the Linear Amp flashing over !  My antenna had just come
down.  Real shame, as tuning around on my Receiving Loop, signals were
pretty good.

Apologies to all the stations I told I would look out for in the Contest !

Anyway . . . put the Antenna back up after the weekend, and installed a
slightly higher mast at one end, which has got it much higher above the
trees (which have grown since I first put it up), so there should be less
wasted absorption.

I will be on 160m tonight looking for reports . . .

73 Roger G3YRO