Re: Topband: 160 M portabel antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 M portabel antenna
From: <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 12:41:34 +0200
Hi Joe,

I have plans for making a 160m Inv.-L, using the Spiderbeam 12m pole on my
web site, here:

https://www.dj0ip.de/vertical-antennas/160m-inv-l-on-12m-pole/

160m Vertical

If you use 4 Top-Hat wires, you can shorten the diagonal wires quite a bit,
but I can't say by how much.

I would suggest making all 4 wires equal in length, equally spaced, and then
measure where it is resonant.

You can probably begin by making the wires 30m long, but cut them 35m long,
and fold back 5m of each onto itself.

Adding 80m

Once you have that working, you can parallel an 80m Inv.-L

Take a look at how I do this for a 160m/80m on the 18 meter fg pole:

https://www.dj0ip.de/vertical-antennas/160-80m-on-18m-pole/

This will give you an idea on how to do it on the 12m pole.

Just make the vertical segment shorter and the diagonal leg longer.

We have never tried this using the new 10m Mini-Pole.

It is probably too short, though 80/40 should be no problem with it.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP

(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)

May the Sunspots be with Us!