Topband: 160 M portabel antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 M portabel antenna
From: "OZ0J Joe" <contest@oz0j.dk>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 20:58:07 +0200
Hi

I do hope that the world will be reopened also for DX-peditions. I still
hope to visit OC again since I was QRV from KH0 and T8 (2014) and KH8 (2019)
- and not working 160 meter cause to the time of the year.

I visit regular my radio neighbour OZ1LO. Most of the DXCCs that Leif are
missing, are from OC. I guess he is not the only one in all 3 Regions.

Based on the above I am looking for a 160 M - or combined 160 / 80 M
antenna, with these demands:

Travel length either max 75 cm (approx. 30 inch.) - fits in a large suitcase

or travel length max 130 cm (approx. 51 inch.) - fits in a ski box.

Spiderbeam makes fiberglass poles in many sizes and present I am waiting for
delivery of the new 10 meter fiberglass pole. That pole fits to a large
suitcase during travel.

The weight must be a low a possible and the antenna should be installed by
one or two persons.

Any suggestions to a 160 meter antenna here or direct to me off the list are
welcome.

73 Joe, OZ0J