Re: Topband: Vertical Dipoles on 160 Meters

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Vertical Dipoles on 160 Meters
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 13:54:10 -0700
On 5/7/2021 10:31 AM, John Crovelli wrote:
For those who have limited space and are unable to lay out an effective ground system, the vertical dipole offers a very worthwhile alternative to an Inverted-L or low Inverted-V.

I think of this as essentially an inverted-L with one elevated
radial ... driven at the second harmonic.  It seems to me it
would work work better with 2 or 4 radials, and with 2 or 4
top loading wires.  And it can be driven with a common mode
choke at the bottom of the vertical section.

Rick N6RK