Re: Topband: Signal source RF amplifier

To: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>, topband@contesting.com <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Signal source RF amplifier
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 09:17:13 -0400
Hello Steve,
I have built exactly what you are looking for: a small 200 mW transmitter that can be attached to a drone (including battery). For the "PA" stage a I used a 74HC244 buffer, with all the gates paralleled, feeding a resonant tank wound on a ferrite rod, which is also the antenna. The battery is a single 3.7 V 500 mAhr LiPO. My -30 dBi two element loaded loop array can "hear" it from about half a mile, far enough to do RX antenna pattern measurements.
See : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMujut_5FdY

GL and 73,
George
AA7JV/C6AGU