Re: Topband: Signal source RF amplifier

To: "'VE6WZ_Steve'" <ve6wz@shaw.ca>, "'topband List List'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Signal source RF amplifier
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 21:03:41 -0400
Hello Steve:

One possible solution is a Elecraft XG-3 (at 0 dBm) as a start - with a 13 dB
amplifier (pretty simple).
https://static.dxengineering.com/global/images/instructions/ect-xg3.pdf

Greg, W8WWV used a XG-3 for elevation pattern measurements using a drone and
presented his findings at Hamvention 2015 - The Antenna Forum. Greg's paper
starts at 1:42:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_waED8MzfE

73
Tim K3LR