Re: Topband: Reminiscence of Stew Perry

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Reminiscence of Stew Perry
From: "Augie \"Gus\" Hansen" <augie.hansen@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 10:34:02 -0600

David J Ring Jr of the Radio-Officers Facebook page shares some stories of Stew
Perry who was also a Radio officer as well as a friend.

<https://www.facebook.com/groups/707451009311335/permalink/4188681554521579/>

About a decade ago I was visiting my home state of Rhode Island and found out about the New England Wireless and Steam Museum in East Greenwich. I visited there on the clean-up day after their "Yankee Steam Up" event and helped with that task. I was reward with a personal tour of the Wireless Museum and the PJ Station facility by Bob Merriam (then in his 80s, now SK).

The NEWSM campus is now a protected national treasure. Group tours can be scheduled. But you can take a virtual tour on their web site:

    Main page: https://newsm.org/
    Wireless: https://newsm.org/tag/wireless-tour/

During my tour I took many pictures. A few show views of the W1BB portion of the exhibit. They are here in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mqnd6djzkxjhmsa/AAAgRc1cerZ7WY_zGvk0PvEra?dl=0

73,
Gus Hansen
KB0YH