Re: Topband: Very Little CW Activity

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: Very Little CW Activity
From: VE6WZ Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 21:10:21 -0600 (MDT)
Roger,
Just to add some perspective from Western NA, the 160m conditions have been
absolutely horrible for the last month.
The goe-magnetic activity and AU levels have been so high that the trans-polar
path to Europe has been shut down completely for 5 weeks, except for one
evening.

Perhaps working into East coast and even mid-west NA from EU has been possible
lately, but any path transiting close to the pole has been shut down.

This season up until late January I have worked over 1,400 EU on 160m CW since
August. Usually working 20-30 each evening. I check the band almost every night
and watch the RBN. Since late January, the band has been slammed shut at my
northern latitude.

73, de steve ve6wz

From Babcocks iPhone