Re: Topband: Wednesday CW DX Activity Night

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday CW DX Activity Night
From: List Mail <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 10:41:33 +1100
I came up on air around my sunrise today 2000z and heard E71A, and an SV9
station (which I need) who was working EU stations that I could not hear. I
went back to bed.

Yesterday evening I worked several stations in USA and JA, but conditions were
really marginal, although I was hitting a couple of US west coast RBN quite
hard.

The tower project is almost complete with about 28 m up. I became impatient and
put a couple of top loading wires on it and a temporary L-match at the base so
I could try it out. The top loaded vertical I have been working with (22 m
high) has been removed as the new tower was detuning it. The dipole just does
not cut it for DX in current conditions.

I am hoping to work a bit of EU before that opportunity closes late this month.

73, Luke VK3HJ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10