Re: Topband: FW: The WD8DSB mini-flag antenna (LONG!)

To: john.kaufmann@verizon.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FW: The WD8DSB mini-flag antenna (LONG!)
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 08:46:50 -0800

On 2/26/2021 7:31 AM, John Kaufmann via Topband wrote:
I think there may be some semantic confusion over the term "averaging" and
how averaging affects noise when making spectral measurements, so let me
clarify what I mean.  My comments are specific to the P3 but are fairly

Averaging is a nice technique that mitigates the poor sensitivity
of the mini-flag, but only for "bright lines" due to power
supplies, etc.  I would be surprised if it would do anything
to improve DF'ing power line noise, which is clearly a major
application domain.

73
Rick N6RK