Re: Topband: FW: The WD8DSB mini-flag antenna (LONG!)

To: "'Lee STRAHAN'" <k7tjr@msn.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FW: The WD8DSB mini-flag antenna (LONG!)
From: John Kaufmann via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 17:29:51 -0500
The P3 noise measurement bandwidth was about 100 Hz in my measurements.
Quoting from the P3 user's manual, "the effective bandwidth of the P3 is
generally one display pixel, which is approximately span / 450.  I used a span
of 50 kHz, so it comes out to 111 Hz.  Because the relationship is only
approximate, I round it to 100 Hz in my calculations, which is good enough for
my purposes.  To obtain the noise density in a 1 Hz bandwidth, you just
subtract 20 dB (a factor of 100 for the difference in bandwidth) from the
measured noise level in the P3.

73, John W1FV