Re: Topband: The WD8DSB mini-flag antenna

To: David Raymond <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: The WD8DSB mini-flag antenna
From: Chris G3SVL <chris@G3SVL.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 07:40:45 +0000
> On 24 Feb 2021, at 02:18, David Raymond <daraymond@iowatelecom.net> wrote:
>
> anyone here  any suggestions for a reasonably good portable receiver with an
> external antenna jack (might be hard to find?) that will cover the 160m band
> . . .and maybe up to 30 MHz?

Hi Dave,

How about an SDR (e.g. RSP1A, Funcube dongle or even RTL dongle) and a small
laptop or tablet? That way you’d get spectrum and waterfall as well as audio.
And you can record everything for analysis / future reference should the
interference return.

There’s probably an app out there to connect a dongle to your cellphone, but
I’ve not investigated that.

73 Chris, G3SVL
p.s. can I add my thanks to Don too for the loop design.