Re: Topband: ARRL CW Contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL CW Contest
From: Henk Remijn PA5KT via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 00:01:11 +0100
Roger,

I dont agree with you on the conditions, to me the experience was that the conditions were terrible.
On Saturday morning it was terrible, on Sunday morning it was even worse.

I only worked 104 stations in 28 states, only east coast. That is less then I worked during some contests in the past solar maximum.
In 2010 I had 194 in 48 states.

Lot of people who take part in contest do that because they like to contest, not to make regular qso's. In most contests the purpose is to work as much stations and multipliers. Working as much stations works best on the higher bands. Only reason to come on 160 is to work multipliers, and maybe work some strong stations.

73 Henk PA5KT