Re: Topband: ARRL CW Contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL CW Contest
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:49:10 -0500
in all I spent about 5 hours mostly from 04:30Z to 07:00Z both nights

Signals were generally good . Unusual "spotlight" propagation Friday Night/Saturday morn. Worked a half dozen S5xxx stations ALL with unusually loud signals. More than one over S-9 on the BOG. While ALL other EU's were down as is typical just above my noise floor. One S5xxxx commented that I too was very loud.

In general things were better on a broader scale the 2nd night here in the tropics

Did not seem to be the same level of participation as prior year. only 68 Q's in 27 countries this year  vs 98 Q's in 51 countries in 2020.  This might reflect the impact of fewer multi ops and dxpeditions this year due to CV-19 ???

Dave
NR1DX