Topband: Testing FST4 on 160m

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Testing FST4 on 160m
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 19:51:44 -0500
I've been looking at FST4 as a possibility for getting some more difficult
new ones on 160.

>From Table 7 in
https://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.4.0-rc1.html#SLOW_MODES

you can see that FST4 with 60 second periods is 3db more sensitive than
JT65 and 7db more sensitive than FT8.

I enjoy CW but will use FT8 when it gets the job done. But there are times
when even FT8 doesn't get through.

I've used JT65 in the past but when FT8 came along everyone hopped on it.

FST4 at 60 second periods is obviously slower but has the same automation
features that the newer WSJT-x modes have.

I'd like to find a partner in EU or AS who would sked with me to do some
FST4 tests on 160.

Anyone?

Stay safe

jim ab3cv