Re: Topband: 160m S meter readings - on my IC7610

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m S meter readings - on my IC7610
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 10:39:48 -0800
On 1/18/2021 8:14 AM, W3HKK@roadrunner.com wrote:
RE: One-Way skip. I acce pt that it exists,

While I don't know enough to say it doesn't, what I do know causes me to be skeptical. What DOES exist are 1) one-way listening with directional RX antennas and 2) RF noise. I live in a relatively quiet location and have multiple RX antennas, so I generally hear much better than those I'm trying to work, but even here, I can't hear much on my TX antenna.

Here in NorCal, near San Francisco, I haven't heard (or seen a weak trace on my P3 display) of a CW signal from EU this season. Last week, I worked UR and EA on FT8, and decoded several others.

73, Jim K9YC