Re: Topband: s meter

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: s meter
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 08:21:44 -0500
If you have your receiver set to give an accurate S meter reading, you are
definitely not set up for optimal receiving on top band!  Like others, I
give a report based on a subjective decision.  Works for me.  I place much
more emphasis on the R in the RST...and that is a subjective call.
Typically you will get one of four S meter reports from me 2, 5, 7 or
9...arrived at subjectively.  Ninety plus percent of the time my S meter is
reading zero when I'm on top band working DX!
73,
Ken - K4XL

--
Ken - K4XL