Re: Topband: One Way Propagation.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: One Way Propagation.
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 13:55:47 -0500
Comment below

On 1/17/2021 11:09 AM, Wes wrote:
I'm not going to smack this tar baby, other than to note that Elecraft is a special case with respect to S-meters.  K3(S) have an "Absolute" mode that compensates for preamp gain or input attenuation. So the S-meter becomes a decent power meter.

I think it's unconscionable that other manufactures, with microprocessor controlled radios, haven't incorporated this.

The fact that certain features appear in certain radios and not in others may lie in the "intellectual property" . Mfg A is unwilling to sell the rights to a particular feature to competitor Mfg B or at least is unwilling to sell below a price that will compensate A for the loss in sales gained by B because they now have this feature too. Or B cant afford to recover the higher "cost" in enough added sales.?

There are at least two sides to every story, often more, ...The truth lies somewhere in between.

Dave
NR1DX

--
Dave Manuals@ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com