Topband: Cage wire performance

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Cage wire performance
From: Kenny Silverman <kenny.k2kw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 10:05:47 -0500
Hello and HNY!

I will be converting a wire inverted-L to a T top loading on a 75’ tall wire
hung from a tree. To improve the bandwidth, I was wondering about going to a
2-wire “cage” for the vertical section. I’m actually modeling a skinny triangle
where the wires connect at a point on the top, but with a 4 foot spread of the
wires near the ground. This adds about 15-20 kc to the 2:1 bandwidth per the
model.

Will a 2-wire section like this always behave as a wide/fat conductor or do I
have to worry about voltage/current in Each wire?

Regards , Kenny K2KW