Re: Topband: Elevated radial number vs efficiency

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Elevated radial number vs efficiency
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 22:00:09 +0000
My experience was not on top band BUT on a 80 meter 4 sq. initially I installed
 4 gullwing elevated tuned radials for each of the 4 elements.
The array played will but over time it became quit clear on wet rain or even
dew conditions  the array  played much better in transmit and not as much
obvious in recive.  This prompted me to strip and install 112 ¼ wave radials
per element.

Wayne ,W3EA