Re: Topband: Elevated radial number vs efficiency

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Elevated radial number vs efficiency
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 15:55:00 -0600
Thanks for catching that, Dave!

I certanly can't argue with Rudy N6LF, but those two λ/4 10' high elevated
radials in my old 160m page made that inverted-L a "killer"* in an ARRL 160
contest about 10 years ago. That was using only 100 watts. Broke a number
of DX pileups, to my utter amazement.

*Having said that, I had nothing else to compare it to in an A/B test!

73, Mike
W0BTU