Re: Topband: standoff for inv L

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: standoff for inv L
From: Phil Lefever via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 17:19:53 +0000 (UTC)
 I'd likely continue to use the fiberglass but I might fit a hardwood dowel
inside its length to stiffen it. PVC can work that way too but you MUST have
something to make it rigid. I had a side arm made from wood stuffed grey PVC
pipe that was out in the weather for over 20 years with no negative effects.
Does it break where the clamps attach it? I always insert a plug of a
non-crushable material where any holes are drilled for bolts or where clamps
bear against fiberglass tube, otherwise that can be a sure failure point.
73
Phil, KB0NES
    On Saturday, December 26, 2020, 05:25:58 PM CST, WW3S