Re: Topband: CQWW and 160

To: Ron Spencer <ron.spencer@zoho.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW and 160
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 13:35:33 -0500
Ron

Count me in , I agree no same country contacts, PERIOD
AND.... you wouldn't loose any zones ..zones 3, 4 and 5 are covered in Canada as well!

Dave
NR1DX

On 12/1/2020 12:27 PM, Ron Spencer via Topband wrote:
Here too in central NC conditions were, at best, poor. Bad prop and lots of QRN. However did manage to work 38 countries. And had a reasonable run last hour of contest.

However, checking the stats, almost 1/3 of logged Qs were with US stations. Perhaps more. Several times I stopped calling CQ because all I was getting were US callers. Really not what I wanted, at all.

Because of this I've sent a note to the contest contact for CQ suggesting they eliminate all points, including zone points, for same country contacts. Yes, we here in the US would loose 3 zones but its level across the country. This would eliminate all same country callers which, if my experience is representative, would increase the number and length of time of stations calling cq. At least here in the US.

Hope to work lots of folks from everywhere this weekend!

Ron

N4XD

Sent using https://www.zoho.com/mail/

Dave Manuals@ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com