Topband: CQWW and 160

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CQWW and 160
From: Ron Spencer via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 12:27:15 -0500
Here too in central NC conditions were, at best, poor. Bad prop and lots of
QRN. However did manage to work 38 countries. And had a reasonable run last
hour of contest.

However, checking the stats, almost 1/3 of logged Qs were with US stations.
Perhaps more. Several times I stopped calling CQ because all I was getting were
US callers. Really not what I wanted, at all.

Because of this I've sent a note to the contest contact for CQ suggesting they
eliminate all points, including zone points, for same country contacts. Yes, we
here in the US would loose 3 zones but its level across the country. This would
eliminate all same country callers which, if my experience is representative,
would increase the number and length of time of stations calling cq. At least
here in the US.

Hope to work lots of folks from everywhere this weekend!

Ron

N4XD

Sent using https://www.zoho.com/mail/