Re: Topband: Rohn 25 Vertical questions.

To: Mail 10 <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rohn 25 Vertical questions.
From: Ron WV4P <wv4ptn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 15:03:34 -0500
Thanks for all the replies and willingness to share hard earned wisdom.

Tim, When you say "May cause noise" Is that on TX ? or ?
I am setting the antenna up to run the 4 parasitic elements like yours, but
it will be phase 2 as the radials for them elements will be tricky on my
very unlevel terrain.

Frank, I do anticipate the use of an inband station although it's not
likely to be utilized much I would not think.  All RX will be on a mix of
Beverages, rx vertical arrays and loops 700 - 1200 foot from the TX tower.

I am a welder, but I can't foresee any safe / reliable way of attaching
anything to Rohn 25. Maybe putting lugs on each of the 5/16 bolts and
running an unbroken #6 copper up each leg and bonding together at the top.
A lot of effort for a likely minimal if any change in scores though.

Ron, WV4P