Re: Topband: Rohn 25 Vertical questions.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rohn 25 Vertical questions.
From: Mail 10 <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 18:56:21 +1000
I am planning a similar installation, using Deeco mast sections (6' x 10"). I have 20 of these, used of course. I don't think they have been manufactured for decades. Sections interface with pin and socket, with 3 x 1/2" bolts between plates on each end.

Will also be strapping across the joints, as I know what a PITA intermittent connections are.

It will be a radiating mast with no other antennas on top, apart from a parallel wire for 80 m operation.

Erection won't commence until at least later in Spring, as the ground is just so wet now, after one of the wettest years we've had.

73, Luke VK3HJ