Re: Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Slightly OT - amplifier noise
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 13:20:42 -0400
Steve,
Sorry, I did not directly answer you question. Look at the specs of the IF3602. (But also look at the price!)
George
AA7JV

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 10:40:30 -0600
 n2icarrl@gmail.com wrote:
This discussion of Hi Z amplifiers has been quite interesting. Excellent
information from W1FV and K7TJR.

I have an RX amp question, related but slightly off-topic.

I have an MFJ-1025/1026 noise canceler. I like to use it on the higher HF bands
to cancel power line QRN. The noise is typically S3-S4, but I want it down to
S0 to hear the bottom layer of stations. My sense antenna works fine, and the
QRN is canceled. However, the MFJ-1025 amplifier noise is quite significant,
often negating the QRN cancellation. The MFJ amplifiers are J310's. Any
recommendations for something quieter ?

73,
Steve, N2IC