Re: Topband: Hi Z amplifiers for 160m

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Hi Z amplifiers for 160m
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 08:52:40 -0700
More power to make up for my 10db excess noise = xxx Kw - whoopee! Need to get some 3 phase.

Remote Rx, eg 100km makes a lot more sense. Clubs could put up shared facilities.

With direct sampling synchronous receivers and down sampling of say the bottom 50Khz of 160, every user could reconstruct their own pattern out of a 4 or 8 square. Residential internet bandwidth is commonly several hundred Mbit/sec. The supercomputer on every desk is up to the arithmetic. If you live in the boonies without 200Mbit you don't need the remote Rx anyway.

Just a small matter of software ;) ;) Haven't the radio telescope guys done this in GHz bands?

Grant KZ1W