Re: Topband: Inverted L with elevated radials for topband

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L with elevated radials for topband
From: <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 15:51:37 -0500
I haven?t experimented on top band but I have tried elevated radials on 80M
¼ verticals.  I had one in Houston Texas that worked wonderfully ? elevated
8 radials at about 10 ft.  Ground conductivity in Houston was about as good
as anywhere in the US.  I tried doing the same thing at 2 different QTHs in
Vermont and both were very disappointing.  I gave up on elevated radials for
80 and 160M.

My experience has been that ground conductivity matters for a small number
of elevated radials.

I have been much happier with 48 ? ¼ wave ground radials.

Ed N1UR