Re: Topband: Inverted L with elevated radials for topband

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L with elevated radials for topband
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 23:29:01 -0500 (EST)
"Sooner or later everything old is new again" (Stephen King)

February 1922 QST page 30

The 1BCG antenna used for the transatlantic tests was a T cage
over a radial counterpoise. The antenna is hung between two pipe
masts 230 feet apart, and 108 and 75 feet high, respectively.
The two horizontal sections of the T-vertical are each 50 feet long.
The vertical section is 70 feet over the top of the counterpoise.
The elevated counterpoise consisted of thirty 60 foot wires
The operating frequency was 1500 kilocycles

http://p1k.arrl.org/pubs_archive/4361

73
Frank
W3LPL