Re: Topband: 9 circle RX array combiner board

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 9 circle RX array combiner board
From: K9FD <merv.k9fd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 15:21:00 -1000
Many of those Chinese ones are plain junk,   if you measure them they re no where close to a good 5109.    They just silk screen the number on the top of "generic" parts. If you use them test them before putting them in use,  will save a lot of trouble shooting time.

I bought a supply from Mouser a month or two ago,  they had some on order,  probably all gone
by now as the word gets around.

73 Merv K9FD
There's no shortage of 2N5109s on eBay for about one dollar each

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2n5109&_sacat=0&_sop=15

73
Frank
W3LPL