Re: Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis

To: "'Mike Waters'" <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 15:28:02 -0500
Mike and others.  All you have to do is model it to see the result.  The more
horizontal component of an L, the lower the max gain of the low angle vertical
portion.  If you counter that with worse and worse ground losses, absorbing the
low angle vertical radiation, you can make the numbers do whatever you want.
That’s the only way I can see to get to the described data that K2AV is
describing.  The fact that it is all sitting on a tiny FCP ground system on his
link speaks volumes as to why his data looks like it does.  But it is not
comparable certainly to my system nor many others.

73

Ed  N1UR