Re: Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis

To: donovanf@starpower.net
Subject: Re: Topband: T Top Verticals and yagis
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 17:36:51 -0500
I had a six element 20M Yagi on a 65 foot boom that was 200 feet away and
65 feet lower than my 40M Yagi.

If the 40m Yagi was pointed to Europe it was pointed at 20M tower.  I could
turn the 20m Yagi so the boom was pointed at the 40m Tower and of course no
problem.  I could watch the SWR on the 40M Yagi go higher and higher
peaking when boom of 20M Yagi was broadside to the 40m antenna.

Fortunately the 20M Yagi was trussed with 1/4" EHS and the simplest
solution was to fasten a thick G10 plate to the truss support and attach
the turnbuckles to that.  Problem solved.

Now having more fun with much simpler stuff :-)

73...Stan, ZF9CW (K5GO)