Re: Topband: Topband resource

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband resource
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 06:28:34 -0600
>So how is it that I consistently work all over the world on 160m with my
>horizontal dipole at 50ft?!

Oh boy, here we go again.  As I believe I have pointed out before,
your QTH is not that far from a fairly vast amount of salt water.  You
can believe anything you want, but your experience if not embellished,
is atypical and does not refute the general guidance that vertical
monopoles with good ground systems perform better for relatively long
transmission distances on medium wave.   So you "consistently work all
over the world on 160m."   Over what period of time?  40 years?  One
contest?   Have you ever tried some sort of T or inverted L over 60+
radials using your dipole for receiving?  Perhaps you'd find you can
"work all over the world" in a much shorter time period?
Your repeated bragging/questioning about your installation as a thinly
veiled argument is disinformation and it is not helpful.  The physics
of antennas do not get suspended for your location.

73

Rob
K5UJ