Topband: New Modes, Systems, etc

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: New Modes, Systems, etc
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 17:19:12 -0500
This is likely the only thing we agree on on this thread. The unethical use of remote receivers.

>>This link can be found on the Internet : https://sdr.hu/

And unfortunately, open to licensed hams only since last week. Talk about facilitating bad pratices! SWLs were shut out, even though they are likely the main 'providers' of those remote receivers.

I said in another venue, where this was also being discussed, that it should be the other way around.

It always boils down to the following: If you use/like it it's hamradio, if you don't (for whatever reason) it's not.

Look at DXpeditions. For those that did not succeed, it was the worst DXped of the year. For the others, the best.

Any 'greater than 2 cells brain' ham can see the irony.

Deal with this problem before haranguing those using legal modes ethically!

Vince, VA3VF