Re: Topband: VU2 on top band

To: vu2gsm via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VU2 on top band
From: Suwil VU2IT <vu2it@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 01:54:28 +0000
As far as I know hams in VU are bound by Indian Wireless Telegraph (Amateur
Service) Amendment Rules, 2009 dated 1 April 2010 and Indian Wireless Telegraph
(Amateur Service) Amendment Rules, 2005 dated 9 June 2005. As per the above
rules and subsequent guidelines and clarification memorandum No.
L-14011/255/2004-AMT dated 13 Aug 2010 from Ministry of Telecommunications, the
frequency allocation for the top band is 1820khz to 1860khz on shared basis.
The new allocation plan (1800kHz-1825kHz) they say is just a plan paper within
the ministry which is not notified in the Gazette of India by the Government so
far. So the rule is 1820kHz to 1860kHz until an amendment comes. That's what I
know about it and I haven't come across an amendment so far.

Suwil
VU2IT