Re: Topband: Saturday night

To: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Saturday night
From: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 19:01:59 +0000
> On Nov 24, 2019, at 10:47 AM, David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net> wrote:
>
> ..... until my sunrise arpund 1200, I did a fair amount of
> listening but heard very little in the way of Pacific DX.  I was
> operating un assisted so do not know who was QRV, but tuning across the
> band produced only two HI stations heard from the Pacific. No KL7, no
> islands, and no VK/ZL. A few CQs produced no QSOs for points.  Very
> disappointing morning.

I operated S&P on 80 and 160 from San Jose, CA.   80 was very good to N. Africa
, SA, Caribbean, Asia and ZL .  Lots of Qs.  Great fun.  No EU.

160 had “much” less activity (from here)! I worked a bunch of JAs - which was
fun - but little else.  If I only had a 160 antenna it would have been a sad
affair for me.

73,

Bob AA6VB